This roasted chicken recipe is very easy to make and tastes amazing every time. Chicken is one of the staples in our family because it is so versatile and a family favorite. We hope that you love this Roasted Chicken Recipe.
- 1 full chicken, this one was about 4.5 pounds
- a few mixed citrus fruits, I used 1 lemon and 2 clementines
- mixed potatoes, I used Yukon, purple and red
- ½ cup worth of radishes
- baby carrots
- fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-4 cloves fresh garlic
- sea salt, pepper
- 1 cup quality stock or broth
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Fully wash the vegetables, being sure to scrub the skins before cutting into uniformly sized pieces.
- Remove anything in plastic or unwanted from the inside of the chicken, tie if needed and then place in the center of the oven safe pan on top of a bit of olive oil salt and pepper.
- Add as many vegetables around the chicken as possible.
- Drizzle the top of the chicken with the rest of the olive oil and then dust with a bit more pepper and sea salt.
- Pour the chicken stock or broth into the bottom of the pan.
- While the chicken is cold, form a piece of tinfoil over the top of the chicken and vegetables. Carefully remove and set aside-keep in mind this has now touched raw meat.
- Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 20 minutes at 400 degrees, this will allow the chicken to brown on the outside. Then cover with your preformed tinfoil and cook at 375 for 25 minutes per pound.
- The chicken is done when the inner meat, away from the bone reaches 165 degrees. Make sure all liquid running off the meat is clear. If it is tinted pink at all it is not done yet.
- Allow the chicken to rest and cool for a few minutes before cutting into it.
We hope that you loved this Roasted Chicken Recipe.