Ribs…mmm…just about the most perfect food ever. Well besides bacon…and chocolate…and pizza. They do rank pretty high up there on my family’s favorite foods though and I never seem to run out of fun ways to make them. This Apple cider brown sugar ribs recipe combines some of our favorite flavors; crisp apple flavors combine with brown sugar to create some of the most tasty ribs you will ever put in your mouth. This is also a great chicken marinade and works well with pork too. We hope that you love these Apple Cider Vinegar Ribs.
- Combine the marinade ingredients together, smashing the garlic, and then let rest for about 10 minutes.
- Pull one extra-long pieces of heavy duty tinfoil, aim for it to be about 3 times as long as the rack of ribs is. Place the rips on top and cover both sides completely with the marinade. Carefully wrap the ribs completely in the foil making sure all of the edges are triple folded so it will not leak. (To be sure, you can then place the entire foil wrapped rack in a plastic shopping bag). Place this in the refrigerator for up to 36 hours. You are at this point essentially making an apple cider brine for the ribs.
- When ready to cook, heat the grill to roughly medium or 400 degrees. Once it is hot, discard the foil and place the ribs on the grill. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 1 hour without opening or lifting the lid.
- After the full hour, lift the lid, add any remaining marinade there might be, basting the ribs with apple cider vinegar bbq. Flip and close lid for another 5 to 10 minutes, then pull everything out of the heat.
- Allow the ribs to cool for about 10 minutes, and then serve. We enjoyed these with oven roasted vegetables.
We hope that you enjoy this Apple Cider Vinegar Ribs recipe. Happy cooking!