Chili is one of our favorite winter meals and in fact, we tend to make a lot of thick, hearty soups around here because they are pretty easy and come together quickly. The kids love soup and so does my mother in law. I love that I can make extra and keep it in the fridge for snacks or last minute dinners. Sometimes the kids even heat up the soup and take it for lunch. I can make fresh bread and serve it with the chili as well or just grab some of our favorite Sister Schuberts rolls. The beauty of the Instant Pot is how quickly you can make absolutely anything. While I still love my crockpot, our slow cooker days of the winter might be coming to end because of the quickness and versatility of the InstantPot. We hope that you love our Instant Pot White Bean Chicken Chili Recipe.
- 1.5 lb chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp garlic
- ½ medium onion, diced
- 2 cups romano beans
- 15 oz white beans (navy or white kidney beans)
- 4 oz green chilies
- 1 – 2 tsp chili powder, (to your taste)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- salt and pepper as desired
- Put all ingredients into the Instant Pot except the beans, cornstarch and water.
- Press the manual button and adjust it for 13 minutes
- After cook time is finished, do a quick release and remove the lid when the pin falls back into place.
- Remove the chicken and shred it completely. Add it back to the pot, along with all the beans and the slurry of cornstarch and water.
- Taste for salt and pepper seasoning at this point. Adjust if necessary.
- Press “saute” and let it simmer for 15 minutes to thicken.
Serve with rolls or rustic bread. Enjoy!