This Penne Chicken and Sweet Pepper Tomato Cream Recipe post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of Bertolli®
Penne Chicken and Sweet Pepper Tomato Cream Recipe
Well it is almost time for that day of love, Valentine’s Day. It is a day that I look forward to every year; I can’t think of a better way to spend my time than with my beautiful wife. Now in past years Valentine’s Day would include the two of us going out to some overcrowded restaurant for a nice dinner together. At some point though, we both realized that doing the whole dinner out thing on Valentine’s Day never really lived up to expectations. The restaurants are crowded (it is one of the busiest days of the year for them). There is always a wait, reservations or not, and the staff is always a bit harried. Not really the romantic dinner that one invisions when thinking about Valentines Day.
That is why this year we are staying in and cooking dinner ourselves, and in order to make things as simple as possible, I created this Penne Chicken and Sweet Pepper Tomato Cream pasta dish by mixing mixing Bertolli® Organic Traditional Tomato & Basil Sauce together with Bertolli® Organic Creamy Alfredo Sauce! We hope that you enjoy this Penne Chicken and Sweet Pepper Tomato Cream Recipe post.
Bertolli® has been in the Italian food game for over 150 years, and it shows in their products. All Bertolli® Sauces start with high quality, real ingredients like vine ripened tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. For our pasta dish, we used the Organic Bertolli® line of sauces. Featuring non-GMO all organic ingredients, these sauces feature bold fresh flavors that really do taste authentic. For our Valentine’s Day dinner, we decided to make a Tomato Cream Sauce, which is very easily achieved by mixing the Bertolli® Organic Traditional Tomato & Basil Sauce together with Bertolli® Organic Creamy Alfredo Sauce. It is so easy it almost feels like cheating.
Valentine’s Night In with Bertolli®: Penne Chicken and Sweet Pepper Tomato Cream Recipe
Let’s get cooking. First things first, grab the ingredients listed below (this will make enough for around 6 people):
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced into half moons 1/2″ thick
- 3 sweet bell peppers (red, yellow, orange), seeded and sliced into 1/2″ thick strips
- 1.5 pounds chicken tenders
- 1/2 cup white wine (something like a Pinot Grigio)
- 1 jar Bertolli® Organic Traditional Tomato & Basil Sauce
- 1 jar Bertolli® Organic Creamy Alfredo Sauce
- 3 oz goat cheese, formed into 6 1/2 oz disks
- Parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
Alright, we have our ingredients together. Lets go ahead and create something tasty!
- Add your olive oil to a large pan and heat over a medium flame. Once the oil is hot, add the onions and peppers. Saute this mixture for about 5 minutes. We want to start softening those veggies. While that is cooking, go ahead and season the chicken with salt and pepper. Once the onions and peppers begin to soften, add the chicken to the pan. Cook for about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Once the chicken cooked on the outside (it’s ok if you still have some raw looking pieces), add the white wine. Let this cook uncovered for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. The goal here is to cook of the alcohol and reduce the wine a bit.
3. Next add the Bertolli® Organic Traditional Tomato & Basil Sauce. Go ahead and give things a stir, coating everything in the pan with the sauce.
4. Now go ahead and add the jar of Bertolli® Organic Creamy Alfredo Sauce. Mix everything together and pat yourself on the back…you just made Sugo Rosa Sauce (aka tomato cream). Now cover the pan and turn down that flame. We want to slow simmer the sauce for about 15-20 minutes. While that is happening, go ahead and cook your pasta according to the directions on the packaging. Try to time things so your pasta is done cooking when the sauce is done simmering. This way you don’t have to rinse and cool the pasta. Anyway, once the pasta and sauce are ready, mix them together. We are almost done here….time to plate!
5. Ladle your mixed Penne Chicken and Sweet Pepper Tomato Cream into a pasta bowl.
6. Top with Parmesan cheese.
7. Finish off the dish with a sprinkling of chopped parsley and one goat cheese disk.
That’s it! I truly hope you enjoy the Penne Chicken and Sweet Pepper Tomato Cream recipe. It really tastes wonderful, and the Bertolli® Organic Sauces really shine. If you would like to learn more about Bertolli®, check out their website. It is chock full of recipes and useful information. Until next time, happy cooking, and have a fantastic Valentine’s Day.