Instant Pot yogurt recipe
I find yogurt to be one of the most versatile foods in my kitchen at times. I can add some berries and granola creating a protein packed breakfast. I can add fruit and yogurt to my blender for the perfect smoothie. I can use yogurt in a sauce creating an amazing creamy texture. Yogurt can also make thicker salad dressing without a lot of extra calories. We always have a container of plain in the refrigerator along with vanilla plus some other flavors with fruit. We go through a lot of yogurt. We hope that you enjoy this Instant Pot yogurt recipe.
- 1 gallon whole milk
- ¼ cup yogurt (ideally this yogurt will have at least 6 strains of live and active cultures/probiotic bacteria)
- Pour the gallon of milk into the instant pot bowl. Press the “Yogurt” button until is displays “boil.” Put the top on the pot and let your InstaPot carry out this step. It will beep when it’s complete.
- When the machine beeps, remove the lid and take the temperature of the milk. It should be in around the 180 degrees mark. If it doesn’t get to 180, repeat the boil step again.
- Grab an oven mitt to lift out the silver bowl and place on a heat safe surface. Let the milk cool to around the 110 degrees mark.
- Add the yogurt and stir. Put the bowl back into the machine and press the yogurt button once again. Replace the lid and let the machine create the yogurt for the next 8 hours.
- Remove the lid after the time is up, and carefully spoon the newly created yogurt into a container. Refrigerate or serve immediately.
We hope that you enjoyed this Instant Pot yogurt recipe.
Get your own Instant Pot here.
More Instant Pot recipes: