As a serious rice lover, this is something that I make several times per week in our home. The kids and wife love rice just as much as I do. I love to vary the recipes because rice really takes on the flavor of whatever liquid you add to it and this Instant Pot Coconut Rice Recipe is no exception. Have you thought of using coconut milk in pressure cooker? You can use coconut oil rice instant pot to make instant pot coconut rice and vegetables and more.
black rice coconut milk instant pot | instant lemon rice recipe | instant pot coconut lime rice | instant pot coconut rice and chicken | coconut brown rice pressure cooker
With a rich, coconut flavor, our Instant Pot Coconut Rice Recipe goes will with anything you would serve with rice. If you haven’t used an Instant Pot yet, this is the perfect recipe to get started on. I used it once and was hooked. We love our Instant Pot.
InstaPot Coconut Rice Recipe
- 3 cups pure coconut water
- 2 cups rinsed basmati rice or Jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoons light olive oil or more ideally, avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pour the coconut water into the inner Instant Pot, add the salt and oil.
- Rinse and carefully drain the rice then add it to the liquid.
- Double check that the sealing ring is in correctly and then twist on the lid.
- Select the Rice mode; it will automatically default to 12 minutes.
- The Instant Pot will beep a few times once the cook time as finished. Allow the pot to natural pressure release (NPR) for exactly 10 minutes. Then very carefully place a damp washcloth over the steam release valve and carefully turn the knob from sealing to venting to quick release (QR) the rest of the pressure and steam.
- Stir well and enjoy with your favorite vegetables or have it on its own. The coconut water will not really add much of a coconut flavoring but will add quite a bit of sweetness to the rice.
Whether you are looking for coconut rice in cooker, instant pot coconut rice with coconut cream, coconut jasmine rice rice cooker or even instant pot coconut rice coconut cream, we’ve got you covered. We hope that you are inspired by this Instant Pot Recipe. Happy cooking!
Get your own Instant Pot here.
More Instant Pot recipes: