Nothing says hearty to me like a nice roast. I grew up having a roast dinner every single Sunday and my wife did as well. Every single Sunday, we have a family meal and being the carnivores that we are, this meal always features some of my favorite cuts of meat. We hope that you enjoy this Herb Rubbed Roast Recipe.
- 1 medium to large bottom round roast
- 2 pounds of pink, purple and golden fingerling potatoes
- 2-4 tablespoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 2-3 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- Start by coating the meat in a the avocado or olive oil then rub in the Montreal steak seasoning so it covers most of it.
- Place in a gallon sized freezer bag (or right into your crock if cooking now). Scrub the potatoes with a brush and dry completely before slicing in half the long way and placing in the bag.
- When ready to cook add 3 cups of stock, preferably beef stock, ¼ cup of A1 or steak sauce, 3 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce, 3 large garlic cloves and 1 cup of dry red wine into the crock. Whisk together before placing the meat in and topping with the potatoes. Make sure the liquid covers the meat and most if not all of the potatoes completely.
- Cook on low for 6-9 hours depending on size or until the meat is fork tender.
- Let cool for a few minutes in dishes before serving.
This roast is so good and so versatile. Sometimes I make extra and make sandwiches the next day or freeze the leftovers for a future meal. No matter how I make it, everyone loves it and this roast quickly became the most asked for meat recipe in our home. We hope that you loved the Herb Rubbed Roast Recipe.