For as long as I can remember, I have loved mushrooms. I love all types and all kinds. I especially love to use them in cooking. Today I have a recipe where mushrooms are the feature. Don’t these crab stuffed mushrooms look amazing?
I love appetizers that are quick and easy to make but that wow my guests. You can play around with the filling by not using crab or just substitute cheese instead of crab. No matter what you do, your guests will thank you later!
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 2 6 oz cans white crab meat, drained
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp payenne
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 lb whole Cremini mushrooms, washed, stems removed
- 3 Tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
- ¾ Cup Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a bowl combine the Crab meat, Onions, Lemon juice, Parsley, Salt, Pepper, Cayenne and 4 Tbsp. melted Butter.
- Place the mushrooms in a baking dish open side down and brush with Olive oil. Flip the mushrooms over and stuff with the Crab mixture, about a teaspoon.
- Mix the Panko crumbs with 2 Tbsp. melted Butter. Top each mushroom with Panko crumbs molding it like a meatball. Place back in the baking dish.
- Bake at 400˚ until the tops are deep golden brown, 12-15 minutes.
- Serve hot.