From our Quick Apple Pull Apart Bread to our Rolled Maple Cinnamon rolls. We are definitely lovers of breads and pastries in this home. You could say that there isn’t anything I wouldn’t do for a freshly made pastry. Well within reason, of course. Our middle child is the same way as she loves any and all kinds of bread. We bake a lot around here and our 1968 oven definitely gets a workout some weeks; even more so during the holidays when we make some fun gifts for teachers and friends. Also I really need to brag because pretty much everyone in the house loves baking and we are all pretty good at it. We are always on the lookout for fun, new recipes and this delicious breakfast bed does not disappoint. We hope that you enjoy this Blueberry cranberry bread recipe.
Blueberry cranberry bread recipe
- about 2.5 cups frozen organic blueberries
- about .5 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- zest from one full lemon (washed first)
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds (optional)
- ¾ cup brown or coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- almond milk (optional)
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat to 340 degrees and grease a bread pan with coconut oil.
- Mix 1 tablespoon flax meal (ground flax seeds) with 3 tablespoons almond milk and let sit for about 5-10 minutes. (Or use one egg).
- Combine the flax meal, almond milk and let sit. Then stir together the fruit, chia seeds, sugar, vanilla and flax meal mixture. Slowly start to mix in the flour, baking soda and sea salt. Stir only until just combined then transfer into the bread pan.
- Bake for about 50 to 60 minutes depending on the size of your pan and how your oven runs. The bread is done when a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool before
cutting into and enjoying.
We hope that you love our Blueberry cranberry bread recipe.