If the show This is Us did NOT cause you to throw away your crockpot, then we have an amazing recipe for you. By the way, we will accept all Slow Cooker donations in this because seriously…the Crock Pot rocks. We love it and use it just as much as our Instant Pot. While both appliances have their virtues, there are just times that using a slow cooker is exactly what you need. I am particularly fond of Crockpot cooking because you can easily adjust your recipe at any time by adding more spices, water, wine, etc. The flexibility of slow cooker recipes means that I can change and adapt the recipe to fit my life. I might add a little more spice if it’s just the wife and I because we love spicier food. I can add more fruit because that is what our kids love. We hope that you love this Slow Cooker Ginger Peach Pork Recipe.
- 1 lb pork, fat removed and cut into 1” chunks
- 1 c peach slices, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- ½ c chicken stock
- ½ onion, sliced in large pieces and layers separated
- ½ – 1 c snow peas, ends cut and sliced in half
- 1 sweet pepper, seeds removed and cut into bite size pieces
- ½ tsp dried chili flakes
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- as desired salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- Place pork and chicken broth into the slow cooker bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Cook on low for 4 – 5 hours.
- In a small bowl, combine the peaches, chili flakes, cinnamon, brown sugar, vinegar and allspice. Mix well.
- Pour that mixture into the slow cooker bowl. Add the onions and sweet peppers. Cook another hour.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and water. Add it to the slow cooker bowl with the snow peas. Let it cook and thicken a half hour.
- Serve alone or on rice. Enjoy!
Let us know what you think of our Slow Cooker Ginger Peach Pork Recipe.