Rice Krispies Coated Oven Baked Cod Recipe
Let’s talk fish today. I have the toughest time ever getting my kids to eat fish. They will eat chicken, steak and pretty much anything else but no matter what I do, they never seem impressed enough to eat the fish. I mean they might try it and then eat everything else on their plates but most of the time, my wife and I are the only ones who eat the fish. Enter Rice Krispies. This cereal is a little sweet on its own and it makes your fish taste amazing. You’ll get a delicious, crunchy batter that even the kids love. We did have to tell them it was coated in cereal and once they tried it, they loved it. SCORE! We hope that you enjoy this Rice Krispies Coated Oven Baked Cod Recipe.
- 2 – 4 Cod fillets, 4 – 6oz
- 2 c Rice cereal
- 2 Eggs, whisked
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Seasoned salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Thyme, dried
- 2 tsp Lemon pepper seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375
- Season the fillets with 1 tsp of lemon pepper seasoning and salt, set aside.
- In a sandwich bag, place the cereal, along with the garlic powder, seasoned salt, pepper, thyme, and remaining lemon pepper seasoning.
- With a mallet or the bottom of a heavy glass, crush the cereal into a powder (with some small chunks of cereal remaining)
- Dip the fillets into the whisked eggs, and then drop each fillet separately into the crumb mixture. Coat well.
- Place all fillets onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Spray the fillets lightly with non stick cooking spray. This helps in the browning process and is optional.
- Bake the fillets for approximately 15 minutes or until cooked thoroughly and golden brown.
We hope that you are inspired to try our Rice Krispies Coated Oven Baked Cod Recipe.