It’s cookie season, right? It seems that I make way more cookies in the fall and winter than I do for the rest of the year. We make them as gifts and give them away to friends. This Cherry Thumbprint Cookies Recipe is super simple to make and it always turns out the most delicious cookies.
You can also play around with flavorings and other fruits to add to this recipe. We have used strawberries, a berry mix, cinnamon apples and more to this recipe. The results were amazing. Make certain that the fruit has a good, strong taste so that the flavors do not get lost.
- 1 cup softened Butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 cup Flour
- Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1-2 tsp Milk
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Mix in flour (dough will look crumbly).
- Roll dough into round balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Make thumbprints in each dough ball and fill with your a cherry from the pie filling.
- Bake for 15 mins until edges start to get lightly brown and cookie sets up.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 15 minutes.
- Mix powdered sugar with milk to make a thick glaze.
- Place in corner of zipper bag and clip corner to pipe.
- Pipe perpendicular lines across cookie to decorate.